In our efforts to move individuals towards self sufficiency, Passages, Inc. provides assessment of job skills with a focus on workforce development. We provide our clients with life skills development, computer assisted training, job counseling and referrals. We share information about other fatherhood programs and services available in community as well to further our goal of supporting fathers.
Who can Participate?
- Individuals with one or more children
- People who meet income guidelines
Placement Department Services Include:
- Career Counseling
- Assistance in identifying educational and vocational goals
- Referral to funding resources and training programs
- Referral to an in-house Ohio Benefit Bank Counselor
Workforce Development Assistance
- Resume development
- Review of interviewing skills
- Job search skills, such as using the Internet, and writing cover letters and “Thank You” letters
- Assistance with Job Placement
- General guidance and direction
- Specific employer contact and referral
- Follow up services for job retention
Passages’ provides recruitment, screening and testing in order to offer your company a qualified pool of applicants. Career specialists are also available to assist supervisors with conflict resolution techniques to address and resolve issues as they occur. Specialists can provide employers information about training subsidies, which can be offered to employees for building skills and increasing overall performance.